Followers

Sunday 27 March 2016

"Amaze Yourself"- Mixed media layout

Hello friends!
Hope you all are having a great day! 
 I wanted to make something depicting nature in the raw form. 
So I decided to create something that was  highly textured using just  the shades 
of greens and greys.

 The wonderful chippies from 2Crafty made this possible. I just love those gorgeous 
Anchors and Shrub chippies. Aren't they the most gorgeous and intricate pieces 
to add to your beach/sea theme pages? 
 Have a look at the page-

"Amaze Yourself"

Some close-ups-

I wanted to keep raw look of the chippies but at the same time add some colour and shine. 
So I coloured my chipboard pieces with some brown watercolour pastels and once it was 
dry I added some liquid gold sparkle sparingly to them. Have a look.
 


I also did some doodling on my anchor chippie to make the lines stand out after
 colouring. The shrubs and leaves were first embossed with dark green and teal embossing
 powders and later I added a hint of yellow at places. It gave them the perfect natural
 look I was aiming for. 



2Crafty Chipboards used-

Lavendar shrubs
Thistle shrubs
Bubble clumps
Amaze yourself

Paper collection and stamps from 7dots Studio- Destination unknown collection.


Hope you all like it.
Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!