Followers

Friday 25 March 2016

"Dream" - Mixed media canvas

Hello everyone!
Today i have a mixed media canvas to share with you all. I made this using the gorgeous 2crafty chippies and Decoart Products as a part of the Decoart Blogger Outreach program. 
"Dream"
I had been wanting to make a mixed media canvas something like this for so long. 
Have a look!




Some closeups-

I applied some white acrylic paint to my chipboard pieces and once it was dry I mixed 
some glitter with soft matt gel and randomly applied it to the chipboards. Next was
 adding some DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Gold rush and champagne ice. They look 
absolutely amazing after this treatment!
The background was treated in shades of Deco art Metallic lustre in the following colours-
Lavish green,Brilliant turquoise, Elegant emerald. At place I used gold rush  to highlight some areas. The edges were darkened with Iced espresso.





Love that 'Dream loopy font' chippie. I have loads of navy blue glitter on it 
coupled with highlighting with DecoArt champagne ice metallic lustre paint.

The moon like chipboard that you see here is actually a left over from 
Circular leafy frame chipboard. I love how beautifully it mimics moon. I
 painted it with Gold DecoArt metallic lustre paint.


2Crafty Chipboards used-
Dream catchers
Circular leafy frame
Dream loopy font
Circle lace panel
 

DecoArt products used-
Decoart Gesso- black
DecoArt metallic lustre- Champagne ice
DecoArt metallic lustre- Gold Rush
DecoArt metallic lustre- Lavish Green
DecoArt metallic lustre- Iced espresso
DecoArt metallic lustre- Elegant emerald
DecoArt metallic lustre- Brilliant torquoise


Hope you enjoyed my canvas.
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!Love the idea of it and the colours go along so well .I'm a new follower and I'm already in love with your work! Happy to see a blogger from Mumbai too!Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Jaya, and I love the heavy texture, colors are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUSCIOUS. Wow. Amazing textures, depth, shimmer and colors. YOU DID IT GIRL - really STUNNING mixed media canvas art work!!! j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!